IT support services, also known as technical support services or helpdesk services, refer to the assistance provided to users of information technology (IT) products or services to resolve technical issues or problems. IT support services are commonly provided by IT professionals or IT support teams within organizations, or by external service providers.
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution: Identifying and resolving technical issues or problems with hardware, software, networks, or other IT systems. This can involve diagnosing problems, providing guidance on how to resolve them, or taking direct action to fix the issues.
- Maintenance and updates: Performing routine maintenance tasks, such as applying updates, patches, or security fixes to keep IT systems running smoothly and securely.
- User training and support: Providing training and support to users on how to effectively use IT systems, software applications, or other IT tools. This can involve providing guidance, documentation, or conducting training sessions to help users better understand and utilize IT resources.
- Security and virus/malware protection: Implementing and managing security measures, such as firewalls, antivirus software, and other security tools to protect IT systems and data from unauthorized access, viruses, malware, or other security threats.
- Hardware and software procurement: Assisting with the procurement of hardware and software, including identifying requirements, evaluating options, and procuring IT products or services that meet the organization's needs.
- IT consulting and strategic planning: Providing strategic guidance and consulting services to help organizations plan and implement IT solutions that align with their business objectives and goals.
- Business process automation - Business process automation (BPA) refers to the use of technology and software to automate and streamline repetitive, manual, or time-consuming tasks in business processes. BPA aims to increase efficiency, reduce errors, improve accuracy, and free up human resources to focus on more strategic and value-added activities.
- Manual and automation software testing - Manual and automated software testing are two approaches used in the field of software quality assurance (QA) to identify and fix defects or issues in software applications. Both methods have their strengths and limitations, and organizations may use a combination of both depending on their specific requirements and constraints.